- Habitat for Humanity
- Winona Volunteer Services
- Ready Set School
- Live Well Winona
- Family & Childrens Center
- Beyond Tough Guise
- Winona Volunteer Services
- Winona Nordic Club
- Ridgeway Community School
- Lets Go Fishing
- Family & Children Center
- Winona DAC
- MS Tram
- Camp Invention
- Camp Winnebago
4th Quarter Grants
- Winona ORC received support to purchase a van to provide transportation for ORC clients serving over 30 job sites. $3500
- WRC was in need of updated equipment to be used in community presentations $2500
- Winona Public Schools has a new program for students at WHS providing funding for students to earn college credit for nursing. $2940.00
3rd Quarter Grant
- Winona DAC received funding for safe OSHA quality chairs to provide a safe work environment for the clients to work in $5000
- YIP Grants received $2000 this year. Matt Smith’s 8th grade class dispersed the funds between 8 grant requests.
2nd Quarter Grant
- Project FINE will use the funds to continue with a diversity program that provides monthly meetings, varied activities when school is out and mentoring program. $5000
1st Quarter Grants
- Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center received funding for the rapid access program supporting children and adolescent in emergency psychiatric assessment needs also providing consultation service and support. $5000
- Semcac has a program that makes transportation available to and from medical appointment receiving chemotherapy or dialysis. $5000
- Peoples Choice Awards were presented at Foundation Night
- Winona Volunteer Services received funding to support an education and coupon program introducing fresh fruits and vegetables to clients while supporting local farmers. $5000
- Home & Community Options needed to provide additional training for staff as the growing population of their clients is become more medically fragile. $4000
- Big Brothers Big Sisters request was to add and support 15 additional matches through a community site based mentoring program. $2000
- The Feast -Central Lutheran Church hosts a free weekly meal to over 200 community members. Their funds supported the purchase of a 20-quart mixer for making bread and other food preparation as the need for meals increases. $1000
3rd Quarter Grants
- DAC – $5000. For the purchase of a furnace unit to replace one that became inoperable in April 2009. Estimated replacement cost is $10,700. This unit supplies heat to the main work area that 20 to 25 complete their work. State Human Services budget to the Winona County DAC received a 2.58% cut. The total amount of funding that they will lose in 2009 will reach close to $85,000.
- Performance Center – $3000 The Page Series Educational Programming includes: a school residency that provides hands on learning in a grade school, a master class by a tap dance troupe, another master class by a vocal ensemble for intermediate and advanced students, a cultural heritage presentation in the community, four schools only matinee performances by visiting artist ensembles, as well as two schools only performances by pre-professional saint Mary’s groups
2nd Quarter Grants
- Camp Invention – $1,000 Camp Invention partners with schools to provide a one-week STEM enrichment program for elementary students that focuses on developing critical thinking skill, creativity, teamwork and a passion for science. Five activity-oriented modules integrating science, math, arts and history are used.
- Project FINE-Diversity Youth Quest – $5,000 This is a great program in Winona County designed specifically to assist its newest and youngest community members of the immigrant community become well equipped to succeed alongside their American peers mentally, socially and academically as they learn to embrace the American culture, and mature into responsible adults who will contribute positively to their community.
- Winona ORC -$5,000– Requests aide to alleviate transportation related costs. Funds will be allocated directly to the purchase of a new 2009 passenger bus awarded through the MN Dept. of Transportation Bus Grant Program. ORC is responsible for 20% of cost.
1st Quarter Grants
- Able Foundation, Inc is to receive $2,000 for the treatment demonstration tables and chairs for new centralized facility to provide effective and efficient training to staff and residents. Request $5,000.
- Nordic Ski Club/St Mary’s University/City of Winona Cooperative Trail Project is to receive $2,000. This project is to provide man make snow on publicly funded and used cross country ski trails. Assuring consistently good conditions, extending ski season and improves healthy outdoor recreational opportunities in our community. Request $2,000.
- Project Get Outdoors will receive $5,000 to expand program efforts in the Winona community. Project GO links children to nature exploration and outdoor recreational opportunities in their local communities. Request $5,000.
- Great River Shakespeare Festival will receive $2,000 for an education and outreach project with the goal of creating audiences for the future by enriching the play-going experience and making the work of the Fest accessible and affordable. Project targets students, teachers and undeserved populations for whom live theatre is new. Request $4,000.
- Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center will receive $1,187 for the purchase of network camera with audio for use in the outpatient therapy department to assist in training and counseling. There by enhancing treatment by use of taped therapy practice and/or sessions. Request $1,187.