The Winona Community Foundation is a tax-exempt public charity that enables people like you to establish charitable funds. Funds are commingled with our other funds and managed professionally. These assets will grow over time. You and your family and colleagues are encouraged to continue giving to the fund to help it grow even more. Gifts may be awarded from the fund to support nonprofit organizations, in accordance with your interests and priorities.
Like all community foundations, we are overseen by a volunteer board of leading citizens and run by professionals with expertise in knowing our community’s needs. We go beyond simply making grants that advance charitable activities: we also identify current and emerging issues, stimulate resources to address those needs and help our region prepare for the future.
It is for these reasons that community foundations represent one of the fastest growing areas of philanthropy. When charitably minded people like you seek suitable ways to give, we can help you make a difference by making your giving as easy and effective as possible.
Inspired by the area’s rich tradition of generosity, The Winona Community Foundation strengthens our community through philanthropy.
The Winona Community Foundation improves the quality of life in the Winona area by:
- Educating the public about the practice of philanthropy and its benefits both to donors and to the community
- Connecting people with charitable intent and resources with organizations and causes that can advance the public good
- Gathering, preserving, and stewarding philanthropic resources
- Collaborating with other charitable organizations
- Serving as a catalyst for selected community initiatives
- Making grants to projects and causes that address both the needs and the
- Opportunities present in the community
The Winona Community Foundation will foster a healthy, dynamic community where all people have the opportunity to enhance the quality of their lives and the lives of others.